Men, what do you need to hear from God right now?
(Ladies, this is for you, too. After reading, you might want to pass this on to the men in your life.)
Have you ever been in a hurry? You hop in your car, turn the key, and the engine won’t start?
Are you in need of a jump-start in your life? To your relationship with Christ?
Are you having a difficult time knowing what God is saying to you?
You are not alone.
Where is a good place to start hearing from God?
Don’t start by “trying to read the bible.” Begin by making a personal application. Start seeking to hear God at the point of your greatest need, then ask Him to speak to you through His Word, prayer, circumstances, and trusted advisors.
Through meeting our needs, God shows us our purpose.
God enjoys helping His children, but I believe He derives His most joy by helping us develop a closer, more consistent relationship with Him. I have found that most of the trouble we find ourselves in is due to the lack of a meaningful and purposeful relationship with Jesus.
When we know our life’s purpose and pursue that purpose with all His strength, a good portion of what we are dealing with now may go away. That is not to say that following God’s will leads to a carefree life. We all suffer, but suffering is easier to bear when we know we are hurting for a reason.
God’s objective in salvation is more than “saving” us.
Many of our unanswered questions or stalemates in life are due to our limited understanding of salvation. Yes, God’s first objective in salvation is to save us from eternal separation from Him (John 3:16). But that is not all God has in mind.
- God desires to have an intimate relationship with us. (1 John 4:1-4)
- God wants to develop our character, to make us like Jesus. He wants to clear the land of our soul. To heal us; to make us whole. To make us fruitful. (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24)
- God’s purpose is to work through us as He completes His kingdom objectives. (Matthew 22:36-40, 24:14, 28:19-20, and Acts 1:8)
When Jesus told His disciples in Matthew 28:20 that “I am with you always, even to the ends of the age,” He meant it. But the promise of His presence was in the context of our going into all the world, making disciples – a most-often over-looked point.
Yes, Christ is always with us, but we may not currently be with Christ. Thus, the key to eliminating many of the struggles we face is by asking ourselves, “Am I with Christ?”
Other questions you may have.
- God, what’s next for me?
- What keeps pulling me down? Why do I always seem to end up here?
- Why isn’t my marriage clicking? Or God, who do You have for me in the future? Or is she the one?
- God, how do I handle my son/daughter?
- God, I’m not happy at my job. What should I do?
- God, should I start this new business? What direction should I go in my business? How can my business become a ministry?
- Maybe all you want to say to God is – “I need your help. I need to hear from You.”
- Perhaps, you need to get away and seek God with a trusted advisor.
If you would like some assistance in jump-starting an intimate relationship with Christ, here’s how I can help you.
First, men, I am available for weekly coaching and mentoring.
Second, and I highly recommend this option. God has led me to develop a 24-hour retreat experience for men I call “Jump-Start – 24.”
This retreat is a one-on-one, noon-to-noon experience. The retreat is also available in a more affordable and time-sensitive one-day, 10-hour format.
The retreat format varies but will include time in God’s Word, prayer, worship, personal reflection, and coaching.
There is no such thing as a 24-hour solution to meeting all our needs, but you will be surprised by how far you can get when you invest 24-hours, over two days – noon-to-noon.
The four goals of our time together:
1. To discover what God is doing in your current circumstances.
2. To begin formulating a vision for what God has in store for you and your family.
3. To identify barriers holding you back.
4. To develop a plan outlining the next steps.
The retreat, combined with weekly coaching, will get you started on the track to living the abundant life Christ has for all His followers.
Want to know more? Perhaps schedule a meeting? Click here to tell me a little about yourself, and ask for more information on coaching and Jump-Start – 24.